Friday, January 18, 2008

6° and dropping

This morning before the boys and I ventured out for our earlier-than-early walk, the television said it was 6°F. Do you believe that? That's not the worst of it though as it's forecasted to be a high of 4° tomorrow and 8° on Sunday (today is going to be a whooping 22°). I won't even mention the lows, but I will tell you there is a minus in front of the numbers.

Diesel is surprisingly tolerant of low temperatures (except when a paw freezes) but Marvin, having virtually no body fat and a thinner coat, wants nothing to do with the cold early walks. He did all his business within three minutes and planted his feet, only to walk again when I turned back in the direction of the house. Diesel and I dropped him off and took our regular walk. I think Diesel liked having his dog mum to himself because he walked very nicely at my side checking in frequently to see if I might be interested in handing him a treat or two. And of course I did.

Once home, breakfast was eaten by all and, as I got ready for work, the beagles settled in to a dog's life:


Tighter dog balls couldn't be had. Marvin (top photo), in an attempt to cover himself up, buried under his mat on the dog pillow. It didn't work all that well so I helped them out by covering them with their car towels.

It's almost 1PM and I'm about to run home for lunch. I bet they haven't moved a muscle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Truman Tales said...

Precious! Beagles love to burrow, don't they? I draped an extra blanket over Truman yesterday and this morning, too (although he probably has plenty of insulation to keep him warm), since the temps have been frigid. Not as chilly as Milwaukee, but cold nonetheless!

Have a great weekend and stay warm! Not sure if you're football fans, but I've decided to cheer for Green Bay since they're my favorite of the four teams left. Go Packers!

January 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay warm guys - you look like you've got the right idea curled up under those blankets!!
River

January 20, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home