Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The transformation to a swan

Jazz and Dixie's comment about sleeping dog poses on our last post reminded me of a small set of Marvin photos I haven't yet shared. Typically Diesel and Marvin sleep in the classic dog ball pose, a.k.a. the beagle bagel. Because Marvin is a long and narrow dog he has the ability to contort a bit ...

Marvin, resting in a classic dog ball.

When disturbed, a swan appears to better survey the surroundings yet still rest head on own hip. Mark dubbed this "swan dog".

Swan, as seen from above.

Swan – direct side view.

We've never witnessed Diesel transform to a swan. I don't think he has the build to allow such contortion – certainly not a fault. Even with weekly yoga classes I wouldn't be able to perform such a feat myself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have some flexibility - and are every bit as handsome and regal as a swan in the process.

River

January 3, 2008 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger Truman Tales said...

There's nothing like a sleeping beagle, curled up in a dog ball. Marvin is quite elegant in his poses!

January 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger snoutbeagle said...

Hi Angela,
Did you get my e-mail (I sent it yesterday)? I answered your questions about the cameras and of course put in a request for more photos of Truman. :)

January 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Diesel, I can't do that. Won't it twist your neck?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

January 5, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home