Friday, December 14, 2007

At the dentist

This morning I had an early morning dentist appointment. My hygienist and I were talking in between the pokes and prods of dental instruments and, knowing that Mark and I have beagles, she mentioned the new receptionist has a beagle too.

So after my cleaning I went to the front desk to set up my next appointment. The receptionist and I swapped beagle tales.


As we were finishing our stories another patient arrived to check in for her appointment. While I was putting on my coat she asked what kind of dogs we have. She mentioned she has a Bichon who she's hoping makes it to her 16th birthday as she hasn't been well lately. As she told me about her dog and a few of her health problems I could see this woman's heart was breaking over the imminent loss of her long-time companion. I wanted to give her a hug. I wished her my best as I left and in my mind hoped her little dog would make it through the holidays.


Until adopting Diesel and Marvin I could never have imagined how integral a part of my life and my emotions they would become. I wouldn't have it any other way ... even though not everything about this kind of love is easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home