Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let the truth be told

Okay, Marvin really isn't a football fan. And I'm not just saying this because Green Bay lost (which was unfortunate).

Like our friends who left comments on the post suggested, it was the green headband that looked so very charming on the boy that inspired me to take photos and tell a story. That, and the fact that I might impress my sister and her family for posting about the Packers because they *are* true football fans!


The truth is Marvin did wear the headband around his neck throughout the duration of the game. However, he was curled up in a tight dog ball in his crate in the bedroom the entire three hours we had the game on TV in the living room.


So now you know. You can't necessarily believe what you read on the internet. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Xsara and Tani said...

I'm sorry your team lost - don't just give up on them! More luck next time ...

January 25, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Xsara and Tani said...

Hi - I just read your question: I never work so long that she would get bored. I play with her before we start a run to get her in the mood. I use multiple awards (treat tubes are a great invention to make the dog look at the obstacles and run faster than you). I think your beagle is doing good fot 13 weeks of class. A wise instructor once told me: the dog is where the reward is. If you always keep the reward close to you (hand or pocket), the dog will only run as fast as you run. To make him run faster you can throw a food tube or a toy ahead of the last few jumps and try to make him run faster than you run. Doing tricks also helps with concentration - you don't have to be a freak like some of us, but I think even 10 minutes before dinner when he's hungry will make a difference. It has so many advantages I can't even tell you, but one of the most important things is that it really helps you to communicate better and it's incredibly fun!

January 25, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Eddie N Peaches said...

Hiya Biggle people! We love biggles, too.
This is the first time we've come across your blog. Its very nice.
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie, Peaches, Bella & Lady

January 25, 2008 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Guys,
We have given you an award so come over and check it out.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

January 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

P.S.
Thanks for the book recommendations. I will have to check them out as I love reading dog stories.
Jazz and Dixie's Mum

January 26, 2008 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Southbaygirl said...

Hi guys,

thanks for visiting my blog! It's nice that my mom lets me blog everyday!! I bet Wisconsin is cold! Brrrrr......It's kinda cold here in california.

I'm sorry your football team lost-ours lost as well, The Colts-so since my mom doesn't like new England I guess we'll cheer for the giants.

Velcro and her mom

January 28, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home