Friday, May 09, 2008

Big Apple = Big Cookies

An hour before we had to make our way back to our hotel to pick up our bags and walk to Grand Central Station to catch our airport bus, we squeezed in a visit to Canine Styles on Manhattan's east side. I heard about this store and their Web site two winters ago when I saw a teeny chihuahua at our local PetSmart wearing a stylish horse blanket-style coat. I was looking for something similar for Diesel so I asked the chihuahua's mom where she found such a coat. And that's when I learned of Canine Styles.

I had a preconceived notion of what this shop might be like and I wasn't entirely wrong. It was tiny. It was definitely a pet boutique rather than a pet store. And it had a rather small selection of perfect things. I picked up a colorful nylon collar that was just Diesel's style but put it down again when I spotted the inconspicuous $30 price tag.


I couldn't resist the taxi cookies though – one for each beagle. Diesel has a sweet tooth and, well, it doesn't matter with Marvin – treats don't even touch the sides as he gobbles them down.

Needless to say, they'll take a taxi cookie over a fancy collar any day.


Diesel is pleased to see that there are two taxi cookies just for him.

Oh no, here comes Marvin. Might he have to share?

Better claim a cookie before it's too late!



Our visit to NYC was wonderful and packed full of exciting adventures. We could have used another day there for sure but that just means we need to go back for more. I'm planning to post highlights and photos on my neglected companion blog, Ten Bests of the Day. I'll let you know when it's updated!

8 Comments:

Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Those cookies looks sooo scrumptious! YUM!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

May 9, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Gussie said...

Yeah, I could eat those myself! Step aside dogs. ;-) Gus.

May 10, 2008 at 2:58 AM  
Blogger Maya and Kena said...

Hi Diesel & Marvin!
Those cookies look really really good! And they are SO cute in the shape and color of a taxi!
Looks like your trip to NYC is going great!
Oh! And by the way, we came to your bloggie from the Dogs With Blogs Paw it Forward DOG BLOG RANDOMIZER.
Nice to meet you!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

May 10, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your taxi cookies look yummy! Too bad about the collars but the cookies do taste better, right?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

May 10, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Kess And Her Mama said...

Oh yeah...Cookies over collar anyday. After all, we're beagles :-)

May 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Truman Tales said...

Oh yes, Truman would take a cookie over a new collar any day! Those taxi cookies are just too cute. Lovely photos of Diesel, too!

May 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Wow those cookies look fun and bet they were yummy too. Yes cookies are a beagle's best friend! We checked out the Website of that pet shop - lots of nice things there! Just bought J and D new harnesses today at a good pet shop here.
Jazz and Dixie's mum

May 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray for Marvin and Diesel, my favorite beagles! I love the taxi cookies!! Eddie says "collar schmollar...bring on the taxi cookies!"

May 20, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home