Thursday, April 23, 2009

Diesel's second CPE trial

CPE trials – what a fun way to spend quality time with Diesel! This last Sunday we entered a trial in Round Lake Beach, IL. We entered three classes – Wildcard, Standard, and Jumpers, all Level 1.

Below are videos of our Standard and Jumpers runs. Standard was my favorite despite the fact that we had 33 faults (!) due to a blown contact on the dog walk and going well over time. But you'll notice Diesel is bouncing around and excited which is why it's my favorite run.
When I saw the judge, also a beagle mum, in the hall later she even pointed out that he did great with no sniffing and lots of enthusiasm. I'm glad we made a good impression – it's not all about winning ribbons!

I'll add more stories later, but for now here are the videos.



Standard Level 1


Jumpers Level 1

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate and Rob said...

Yay Yay Yay! That looked like so much fun!

My gosh I LOVE Diesel's smile while he's zipping around the course and there's soooo much bounce and happiness in one beagle boy that I'm smiling from ear to ear!

You guys are doing a great job!

April 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Kate and Rob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 23, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

whoooooooohooooooooooo - way to go, Diesel! You are one talented boy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

April 24, 2009 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger Kate and Rob said...

forgot to say you have a very graceful and AWESOME FRONT CROSS!!!!

April 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger snoutbeagle said...

:) I love front crosses. They confused the heck out of me when I first was learning them but now they are like dancing!

April 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, Diesel is just soooper excited, he's having so much difficulty following your directions! But it's okay. It was a good try. Maybe next time, he will do better.

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer

April 29, 2009 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YEEHAW and CHEERS to you and Diesel from your friends in Texas! We are SO proud of you!!!

PS: We miss training with y'all.

April 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home