Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Halved

Half of Diesel, deep in thought.

...

Speaking of thinking ...

Thank you to our beagle friends, Jazz and Dixie, for presenting us with our first ever award ... the 'Thinking Blogger Award'. Their reason was because of our wise decision to join DWB. You don't receive awards everyday so I believe it was a wise decision to join indeed. :)

Here are the rules attached to the Thinking Blogger Award:

1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. (No squirrel or cat blogs, they'll just make you hungry.)
2. Acknowledge and link to this post.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
4. Tell your humans to fork over the treats!


Since it's all about thinking, I would like to pass on this award to five rescue dogs. Think about it: There are so many homeless dogs deserving the chance of a loving, forever home. Diesel and Marvin were both strays taken in by rescue groups and we were fortunate enough to find them through petfinder.com. I can't imagine their fate if it weren't for the selfless people involved in their rescue and fostering.

So, with rescue being the common denominator, my picks are:

Velcro, the Australian Cattle Dog (we just met yesterday!) – she's a lovely shade of orange. I love orange.

Eddie, Bella, and Peaches – thank you for stopping by our blog and adding us to yours! AND you have a link to BREW ... Marvin is a BREW beagle.

Graham and Tilly, with memories of Prince – I've been silently lurking on your blog, discovering you through Patience. My husband is from Leicester so I love reading your posts from "over the pond".

Daizy and George – new blogger! Their mum rescued me via e-mail from tearful morning walks with two crazy, tugging beagles – a great friend. Plus she's currently fostering a young beagle boy as well as caring for her beagles and pug, Taiki
.

Jake (he doesn't know us yet either!) – nice agility links on his blog ... a very handsome and talented Lurcher from Scotland.


By the way, you won't hurt my feelings if you choose not to participate (it required me to do quite some thinking to compile this list of blogs!) ... I mainly wanted to acknowledge you, fellow bloggers, and thank you for rescuing your pups.

7 Comments:

Blogger Southbaygirl said...

Thank you Marvin and Diesel for such a wonderful honor! Wow...it's kinda my first award! I'm very excited and I think my mom is too! She called her dad to tell him-aren't moms silly???

Thanks,

Velcro

January 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Xsara and Tani said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, you really made me feel better! It's so nice of you to acknowledge other rescue dogs, you are so lucky to have found a good home and people who love you, I wish all dogs would have a family to love. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your agility videos, so keep posting them!
love, xsara

January 29, 2008 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We love your thinking award. We found you on Velcro's page. We are also blue heelers of course I am blue and Louie is red. We rescued him just after Labor Day from Justin Animal Shelter in Justin, Texas. Louie was from a litter of 9, well 3 died but the rest were adopted very quickly. Well the people that adopted Louie (Now My Brother) found out that he was deaf and returned him. I guess they didn't want to deal with his disability. Of course we don't see it as a disability. Louie has brought so much joy to our lives.
Nice meeting you....

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

January 29, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

This really was a great post that made me think. I've recently been reading books about rescue dogs and also been thinking what wonderful people work at those rescue shelters. It must be the hardest work but all worth it in the end when they find such wonderful homes as your 'boys' did.
Jazz and Dixie's mum

January 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

I love that photo! Congrats on your well deserved award!

Patience

January 30, 2008 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Gussie said...

Hi Jackie, Marvin & Diesel,
Greetings from Edinburgh! Thank you for the award. What a lovely surprise! Like you we'll have to think carefully about how we pass on the award. Meanwhile we'll be looking round your blog and adding your feed to iGoogle.
Bye for now
Jake n Gus

January 31, 2008 at 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award - it's really kind of you. I think we'll enjoy following your blog, and I'm already considering making some agility bit and pieces for Tilly!

February 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home