Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Go Uno!

Uno jogs on a treadmill inside the Pennsylvania Hotel in New York.


My fellow beagle-loving friend, Katherine, sent me an e-mail announcing that Uno, a lovely 15-inch beagle boy, won Best in Group last night at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Apparently this sort of thing never happens. In fact the FOXSports article Katherine forwarded me actually says this: Westminster has presented best in show 100 times and a beagle has never won. In fact, no beagle has even won the hound group since 1939 — that drought is 483 years, in dog years.

Hooray for Uno! Hooray for beagles!


He also won Best in Group during the AKC/Eukanuba Dog Show, which we did manage to see on Animal Planet. If I were a judge, all winners would be beagles.


But then I'm a bit biased.

2 Comments:

Blogger Truman Tales said...

John and I have been watching, and we're also cheering for Uno! Astounding that a beagle hasn't won the hound group since 1939, and has never won at Westminster. Maybe Uno can change all that tonight, but he's already a champion in many eyes, I'm sure!

It worries me a little that the standard poodle won in the non-working group. Something just repels me from this breed. I think poodles should be BANNED from dog shows!

Hope you're having a great week. Stay warm!

~ Angela, John & Truman

February 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Way to go Uno!! This was great news not only for Uno but for all us beagles. We had fun watching the videos of all the beagles parading around the ring.
Happy Valentine's Day
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

February 14, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home